Thursday, September 24, 2015

Google Classroom: How to Transfer Events from One Google Calendar to Another

Transfer #GoogleCalendar events from 1 to another for #GoogleClassroom | by @EdTechnocation | #GoogleEDU

So you've got your Google Classroom calendars all set up, right? But, if you're like me, you already had a Google Calendar going for class. So you might be asking, "How do I transfer events from my old calendar to my new one?" Continue reading to find out how! It's actually really easy!



Since the school year is well underway, I already had a Google Calendar full of events for my class. But now that Google Classroom has created a new calendar for me, I don't want to juggle between two calendars. I would like to transfer my events from the old calendar to my new one.

Here is a view of my old calendar with all of my class events. I would like to transfer these over to my new Google Classroom calendar.

STEP 1

First, click on the down arrow next to your old calendar in the "My Calendars" list. 
Choose "Calendar settings".


STEP 2

In the Calendar settings scroll down and look for the "Export Calendar:" option.
Click the "Export this calendar" link.



Tip from +Jeremy Williamson: If you click on the green ICAL button next to "Private Address:" you can download an unzipped .ics file which means you can skip step 3.


STEP 3

A .zip file will be downloaded to your computer. You'll need to double click it to unzip, and then a .ics file will be available.

STEP 4

Then, go to the "gear" button in the top right corner. Choose "Settings" from the list.


STEP 5

At the top of the Calendar Settings page, click on the "Calendars" tab.


STEP 6

Scroll to the middle of the page and click on the "Import calendar" link.


STEP 7

Click on the Choose File button and browse for that .ics file that you unzipped during step 3.

Choose the correct Google Classroom calendar from the drop down menu.

Click Import.


STEP 8

You will receive a similar message confirming if all of your events successfully imported.

Click Close and click "< Back to calendar".


STEP 9

YOU'RE DONE! Now you'll see your new events attached to your Google Classroom calendar side-by-side with the events from your old calendar!

Now you can either hide or delete the old calendar.



Now you can share your new Google Classroom calendar with your students and parents and continue adding new events to the same calendar.